Thursday, August 11, 2011

Baseball & Monkey Rodeo (Yes, I said "Monkey Rodeo")

Thursday night was "Bark in the Park" night at the Spikes stadium. We went to the game with Nana Sharon, Pappy Dave, Aunt Susan and Uncle Gary and Kelsey and Kaitlyn. The kids enjoyed their free baseball meals of hot dogs, chips and soda.
After sitting through the first inning, the kids were ready to head over to the Kids Club area to bounce, run and climb. We spent the remaining 7 innings in this section. They didn't stop moving!
We headed back to our seats to watch the 8th inning through the 10th inning. We got to see Spikes win in extra innings!
The Monkey Rodeo man brought out his Monkey Cowboys, riding some sort of herding dog. This man had a deep spiritiual love for these monkeys. He shared his story with us of falling in love with monkeys at a very young age and dreaming of having his very own monkey. He now has 6 and has a very special connection to these monkeys, as well as the monkeys to the dogs. (I felt like I was sitting in the audience of Saturday Night Live. )
These were the rams the monkeys and dogs herded. Quite amazing. Definitely something I'll most likely never see again. Ryan's concern on the way home "Mommy, why were those monkeys wearing clothes?"

No comments: