Thursday, September 2, 2010

Meeting the Teacher

We went to Meet the Teacher Day at David and Ryan's preschool this morning. We stopped in Ryan's classroom first. David showed Ryan where the cubbies were and helped him find his school tote bag. David was being very "big brotherly" this morning.
We talked to Ryan's very friendly teacher, Ms. Cathy. There will be 10 children in Ryan's class.
I worried that Ryan might not feel comfortable in the classroom, but when he grabbed the blocks out of the little girl's hand and threw them off the table, yelling "Mine!" I knew he was in his comfort zone. Ms. Cathy is a very brave woman.
David walked into his classroom, saw his friends from last year and immediately began playing Knights and Castles. He didn't need us at all. I think he would have been happy if we had just left him there this morning.
David's teachers this year will be Mrs. Wylie and Mrs. Lee. They both get rave reviews from fellow parents and we're excited for David to be in their classroom.

No comments: