We went to the YMCA to participate in the underwater egg hunt, but were disappointed to find out that it happened last weekend! Ooops! The boys weren't all that upset because the pools were open for All Members Swim and they got to swim. Ryan decided, all on his own, that he wanted to try to swim the length of the big pool by himself. (Ryan wants to be on swim team this summer and he knows he has to be able to swim 25 yards by himself to do it. It's been his goal since January.) Ryan also wanted David to swim beside him. David agreed, after I agreed to pay him a dollar. :)
Ryan was a little nervous as he was getting into the pool. David gave him a great pep talk. Something like "Let's go! I want to earn a dollar! You can do this!"
Off he went! He was so brave! David swam the whole way beside him.
Ryan swam the whole 25 yards on his own and then turned around and swam back!
I think we're going to have two kids on swim team this summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment