My Bunco group hosted a Kid's Bunco party on Saturday morning. The boys always wonder what I do while I'm out playing Bunco once a month. My group organized a Kid's Bunco Party so they could find out. We had 16 kids playing ranging in ages from 4 - 12.
The boys caught onto the game right away. Ryan did great writing his W's and L's on his score card for wins and losses. David was super focused on winning every game (Big Surprise! :-) He calmed down once I explained that there are prizes for having lots of Losses as well as Wins.
After Bunco we had snacks - muchkin donuts, muffins, cookies and juice. Ryan was not shy about getting to the snack table. He loved the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.
After Bunco we taught the kids to play LCR (Left Center Right). They each had 3 quarters to play. The winner took home $9.00. We should have given this a bit more thought and used gold fish or chips. Three kids were crying by the end of the game. We usually play with dollar bills.
All the kids smiled for the picture at the end of the party. (Extra big smile from the winner of LCR.) It was a fun morning. I only felt a little strange spending the beautiful Saturday morning in my friend's basement teaching my kids how to gamble. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment