Friday, February 22, 2013

Preschool

 I volunteered in Ryan's classroom this morning.  I was assigned to a center activity of finding Nicaragua on a map, coloring it and then writing their name.  I did this with 14 preschoolers.  The activity itself is not so hard.  The difficulty is their attention span.  None of them had a lot of interest in finding Nicaragua.  So I mostly heard stories about fun things going on at home - new pets, zombie hunting, and legos.
 I stayed around after they were done with their centers to observe Ryan.  He's working on understanding that not everyone in his classroom is interested in "physical play".   He did pretty well while I was in the classroom.  There was a moment when I thought he might through a castle across the room, but it didn't happen.  

 I headed out when they all lined up to board a flight to Nicaragua.  They'll be spending about a month in Nicaragua.  I'll miss Ryan while he's away.  :-)

No comments: