Friday, August 7, 2009

Funshine Day!

Kelsey and Kaitlyn spent the day with us on Thursday while Shelby attended a conference in State College. It was a beautiful day and we ended up outside from 9:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.! I played them out (I also played myself out! I was very lucky to have our neighbor's teenage cousin Marissa here all day to help.)
Kelsey spent the most time of all the kids painting. She was very proud of her creation.

Water Balloons!!! We went through 250 water balloons - very quickly. I don't think they even lasted 30 minutes.

Each time I went into the house for a snack I told them they all had to sit on the towels. They were all hungry all day, so they would RUN to the towels. It was a good way of getting them all in one place for a picture too!

Marissa was so good with all the kids. She helped put tattoos on all of them.

Kelsey is so sweet with Ryan. She saw him sitting in the pool all by himself and she jumped in and made him giggle.
Paul came home for our picnic lunch. The kids enjoyed peanut butter and jelly and peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches. I didn't even have to worry about a mess. They all jumped in the pool after they were done and cleaned themselves up!

A good portion of the day was dedicated to filling buckets of sand up from the sandbox and dumping it into the water table. They thought it was hysterical. I thought it was a mess! They walked up and down the yard with their buckets and kept laughing about it. They told me they were making dinosaur snot (lovely?!).


At 4:45 they all came in the house and jumped in my bathtub. They were so excited to take a bath together. None of them wanted to get out. I had to bribe them with the promise of watching a movie to get them out. They all wanted to put on their pajamas. They were exhausted.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I'm glad batman was available to protect the good citizens while playing at the water table. Does the bat signal work in the daytime?